(705) 748-2211 jmcvicar10@cogeco.ca

Real Estate

We will work for you and guide you through the legal process of buying, selling, or mortgaging your home. Call Jack McVicar Professional Corporation at 705-748-2211 for information about our clear and reasonable fees, which are offered on a flat-rate basis for most files.


Whether you are a first time home buyer or an experienced property purchaser, at Jack McVicar Professional Corporation we believe it is our job to help you understand every aspect of the transaction. From reviewing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale before you sign it to handing you your new keys after the deal is closed, we will be there for you every step of the way, ready to answer your questions and work for you.


Selling your home can be just as stressful as buying. Our goal is to provide personal and professional service to make you feel comfortable during the process and ensure that your deal goes as smoothly as possible. You can always call us at 705-748-2211 to ask a real person – one of our qualified and experienced staff – any questions that you might have about your deal.


Your home is your biggest asset and it can be used as collateral security for borrowing large sums of money from a financial institution or a private lender. Sometimes it makes sense to borrow against the equity in your home to consolidate other debt, or to make a separate investment. If you decide to mortgage your home we will work with your bank or private lender to make sure the necessary paperwork is completed in a timely fashion, and we will ensure that you understand the costs, implications, and risks of your mortgage.


If you are lending money to be secured through a private mortgage we can represent your interests both before the mortgage closes, to ensure that you have the proper security for your investment, and after the mortgage closes, to help you deal with the discharge, any renewal, or even a power of sale if necessary.


If title to your property needs to be altered we can complete the process in a timely manner. If you want to add or remove someone from title, or change the way that the owners hold title, a transfer (deed) must be registered. To remove a deceased joint tenant from title a survivorship application must be registered. If something else regarding title to your property needs to be addressed, call or book an appointment with Nicholas – it’s probably something we can help you with.